Complex Trauma Therapy
Complex PTSD (complex post-traumatic stress disorder) is a mental health condition where you experience some symptoms of PTSD as well as further symptoms, that vary depending on your experience, such as:
- difficulty with managing your emotions
- feeling constantly angry towards the world
- feeling as though you are permanently damaged
- constant feelings of hopelessness or emptiness or worthlessness
- feeling as if you are totally different to others
- feeling like nobody can understand you or what happened to you
- avoiding friendships and relationships
- finding friendships and relationships very difficult
- dissociative symptoms like depersonalisation or derealisation
- headaches, dizziness, chest pains and stomach aches
- regular suicidal feelings and thoughts
I work with adults and adolescents that have experienced significant trauma. This starts with understanding the neurological, physical and behavioral effects of trauma using a variety of treatments that can reduce trauma responses and symptoms.
Treatment for Complex Trauma involves treating a wide range of symptoms and difficulties, and is a long-term therapy as opposed to treating single-incident PTSD treatment.
I also work with Developmental Trauma, which is the result of seeming ‘invisible’ childhood experiences of being mistreated or abused that have been repeated many times. These accumulative experiences could involve verbal abuse, neglect or manipulation by a parent/carer.
I am trained and experienced in treating trauma within a safe, non-judgmental, supportive space. I provide a person-centred approach in which to explore your thoughts, feelings and experiences.
By bringing more of our experience into conscious awareness we can gain a greater perceptive and feel emotionally equipped to lead a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
Recovery is possible.